. Complete: a minimum of 1,000 words
1. Define and describe the major literary forms (genres) contained in the New Testament.
2.Which part of the New Testament was written first? Who was the author and when did he write?
3.What evidence do we have of diversity in the early Christian community? What portrait of Jesus was painted in the fifth gospel of Thomas?
4. Discuss Jewish relations with Rome. What led to the Jewish Revolt of 66-73 CE, and what were its consequences for the Jewish people?
5. Why are Matthew, Mark, and Luke called the Synoptic Gospels? Define Synoptic and explain its application to the first three Gospels.
6. According to the Synoptic accounts, what were Jesus characteristic modes of teaching? Define the term parables and aphorism, and give examples of each.
7. Describe some of the scholarly methods used to study the Gospels. Define these scholarly terms, and explain how each functions in analyzing a document: historical criticism, literary criticism, and narrative criticism