You are a dining-room supervisor in an independently owned establishment known for its friendly service, relaxed ambience, beautiful décor, and great food. Victor, the owner, has asked you to develop an incentive program to help introduce a new appetizer. The operation is open for dinner seven days a week. During the week the operation typically serves 120 customers each night, and Friday through Sunday about 160 are served nightly. On average, approximately 20 percent of the customers order appetizers.
Victor wants to sell at least 150 orders of this new appetizer within the next month. To encourage this, he is offering it at a special introductory price and has created table tents announcing the item. The budget for the incentive program is $200.
For the next month, Victor wants every server to take three specific actions:
Use suggestive selling to sell the new appetizer to all customers.
Ask customers who try the new item how they like it.
Report any customer feedback during pre-shift meetings.
Fully explain your answer with examples of who, what, why, when and how you will measure the results
1. What parameters should be set for the program?
Measures of success:
2. How will you introduce the program?
3. Describe the training, if any, you will provide.
4. You want all servers to be able to earn rewards; what must each server do to achieve his or her goal? (be specific)
5. How and when will you communicate participants progress?
6. What rewards and celebrations will you have when the program ends?